The mission of LA’s BEST is to provide a safe and supervised afterschool education, enrichment and recreation program for children ages 5 to 12 in Los Angeles.
All children, no matter their neighborhood or circumstances, should be safe after school. But they also deserve more — they deserve a place where they can learn and thrive through social, emotional, intellectual and physical engagement with caring adults and dynamic experiences.
Our Foundational Values
- Our role is to create environments where young people can explore and grow into their true, whole selves.
- We engage children in activities that spark curiosity, expand horizons, create values and strengthen relationships.
- Children have the right to lead lives full of choices, starting with making meaningful choices in our program.
- When we listen for understanding, everyone learns — children and adults alike.
- Nothing we do is as important as the effect it has on a child.