The mission of LA’s BEST is to provide a safe and supervised afterschool education, enrichment and recreation program for children ages 5 to 12 in Los Angeles.
All children, no matter their neighborhood or circumstances, should be safe after school. But they also deserve more — they deserve a place where they can learn and thrive through social, emotional, intellectual and physical engagement with caring adults and dynamic experiences.
Our Foundational Values
- Our role is to create environments where young people can discover their own interests and talents, learn skills that help them successfully navigate today’s world and grow into their true, whole selves.
- Engaging activities are vehicles for sparking curiosity and wonder, creating values, building a love of learning and new skills, and strengthening peer, adult and community relationships.
- Children have the right to make meaningful choices about and within the activities they engage in, in the overall program environment and in their lives.
- When we listen for understanding, everyone learns—children and adults alike.
- Nothing we do is as important as the effect it has on a child.